Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
You may also visit our events page to see what specific events are scheduled!
Part-time Fundraising/Event Coordinator
- Seeks out opportunities for fundraising & other events to place on our calendar monthly. Ideally, one event will be scheduled per month unless other activities create overlapping/conflicting dates.
- Coordinates closely with Social Media/Marketing department to provide detailed information as to create relevant ads, posts & content within a timely fashion. (For robust campaigns, the Event Coordinator will contact FlipCause to delegate & oversee updates to web.)
- Coordinates with vendors or other providers to determine costs (when applicable), materials, purchasing, setup/tear down times, etc. Responsible to recruit volunteers, create volunteer list of duties & assignments, when needed.
- Responsible for maintaining any budget associated with events. Maintains verifiable records, including receipts, invoices, applications etc. for auditing purposes.
Part-time Champion (Case Worker/Mentor)
- Assess the needs of the household in order to help them overcome barriers to acquiring & maintaining permanent housing. This may include assisting a potential guest in filling out the Initial Assessment Questionnaire (IAQ) &/or Guest Action Plan (GAP).
- Coordinates, evaluates, & advocates for a package of multiple services to meet the specific individual’s or family’s needs.
- Assists guests in obtaining documentation for housing readiness (i.e. social security card, identification/driver’s license, homeless verification, disability waiver/SSDI etc.).
- Maintains regular, weekly or bi-weekly contact either by telephone, email or in person follow up appointments with guests. Coordinates transportation either through personal vehicle, company vehicle, or other volunteer.
- Recruits landlords & help households find appropriate rental housing in the community for clients, which may include co-housing with a friend or family member.
Social Media/Marketing Specialist (Possible internship opportunity)
- This position will play a vital role in growing the Legacy Shelters brand. Will work closely with the Event Coordinator & Executive Administrative Assistant to coordinate advertising needs & promote upcoming events. Responsible to develop & implement social media strategy in order to increase online presence on all social platforms (i.e. Instagram, Facebook & website).
- Creates a monthly social media marketing strategy/calendar for content with reports for each month on engagements & traffic.
- Creates family friendly, relative content while gaining experience across all areas of marketing.